THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
Integrated Prescription Management, Inc. is your health plan’s pharmacy benefit manager. IPM is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Privacy Statement applies to the IPM Web site and governs data collection and usage. By using the IPM Web site, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
IPM is a pharmacy benefit manager and not a pharmacy or health plan. You have access to this App, Site and Services because the employer health plan (“Health Plan”) that provide your prescription drug benefits has contracted with IPM to manage your drug benefit. All drug coverage rules, copays, prior authorization, step therapy and formulary requirements are decided by your Health plan.
Eligibility for Services: In order to use our Service, you must meet a number of conditions, including but not limited to:
• You must be over the age of eighteen (18).
• You must be an individual covered by a Health Plan contracted with us.
• You must not sign up or use the Services on behalf of any person or entity other than yourself, a person to whom you are a legal guardian, and/or a person on whose behalf you are legally authorized to act (e.g., a spouse or family member under certain medical protocols).
• You must provide us with personal information and other information that we deem necessary to provide you with our Service.
Account Creation: In order to access certain features of the Service, you must create an account (“User Account”) and become a “Registered User”. You agree to provide accurate, current, and complete information during the registration process and to update such information to keep it accurate, current, and complete.
You should not reveal your username or password to any other person. We will never ask you to reveal your password. If you forget your password, you can request to have a new password sent to your registered email address. You agree to indemnify IPM and its employees, contractors, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, vendors, and content providers harmless for any improper or illegal use of any of your User Account. This includes illegal or improper use by someone to whom you have given permission to use your User Account or whom you have negligently allowed to access your User Account.
Services: The Services include your ability to request and receive prescription information, including but not limited to, drug coverage, copayments and deductibles, pharmacy locations, drug prices, rewards and coupons. You consent to receive personal and prescription-related communications from us, be contacted by us and communicate with us with via text messaging, emails, chat and phone. You acknowledge that electronic communications are not completely secure and that there may be some risks that your personal or prescription-related information may be seen or obtained by a third party.
Children Under the Age of 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information through the Site from children under the age of 13. Any information of a child under the age of 13 that is provided to us must be provided by a parent or legal guardian, and not by a child under the age of 13 who is using the Site. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 13 and become aware that the child has provided personal information through the Site without parental/guardian consent, please notify us promptly. If we become aware that a child under age 13 has provided us with Personal Information without parental/guardian consent, we will take steps to remove it.
Collection and Use of your personal information:
IPM collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. IPM also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites. There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by IPM. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by IPM for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the IPM Web site.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through IPM public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: IPM does not read any of your private online communications.
IPM collects and uses your personal information to operate the IPM Web site and deliver the services you have requested. IPM also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from IPM and its affiliates. IPM may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
IPM does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. IPM may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, IPM may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal
mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to IPM, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
IPM does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
IPM keeps track of the Web sites and pages our customers visit within IPM, in order to determine what IPM services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within IPM to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area. IPM Web sites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
1. conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on IPM or the site;
2. protect and defend the rights or property of IPM; and,
3. act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of IPM employees or agent, users of IPM, or the public.
When permitted by applicable law, we may also:
Combine information you provide us, or that we may have collected from third parties, with other information maintained by us, and use that combined information for any of the above purposes; and/or De-identify your information by removing information typically used to identify you (such as your name, phone number, email address, and Member ID) and use that de-identified information for any purpose permitted by law.
If you prefer not to receive cookies from the Site, then set your browser to refuse all cookies from any websites that you may visit. This will provide you with more control over the acceptance of cookies on your computer. However, it is possibility that some portions of the Site will not function properly or may perform more slowly. By using our Site and not disabling cookies, you consent to their use. Please note that other tracking technologies may still function.
You have the following rights regarding PHI we maintain about you:
• Right to Inspect and Copy: Subject to some restrictions, you may inspect and copy PHI that may be used to make decisions about you. If we maintain an electronic health record containing your PHI, you have the right to request that we send a copy of your PHI in an electronic format to you or to a third party that you identify.
• Right to Amend: If you believe PHI about you is incorrect or incomplete, you may ask us to amend the information. You must provide a reason supporting your request to amend.
• Right to an Accounting of Disclosures: You have the right to request an accounting of disclosures of your PHI. This accounting identifies the disclosures we have made of your PHI other than for treatment, payment or healthcare operations. The provision of an accounting of disclosures is subject to certain restrictions.
• Right to Request Restrictions: You have the right to request a restriction or limitation on the PHI we use and disclose about you for treatment, payment or healthcare operations. You may also request your PHI not be disclosed to family members or friends who may be involved in your care or paying for your care. Your request must: 1. be in writing; 2. state the restrictions you are requesting; and 3. state to whom the restriction applies. We are not required to agree to your request. If we do agree, we will comply with your request unless the restricted information is needed to provide you with emergency treatment. We will agree to your request to restrict PHI disclosed to a health plan for payment or healthcare operations (that is, non-treatment) purposes if the information is about a medication for which you paid us, out-of-pocket, in full.
• Confidential Communications: You may ask that we communicate with you in an alternate way or at an alternate location to protect the confidentiality of your PHI. Your request must state an alternate method or location you would like us to use to communicate your PHI to you.
• Right to be Notified: You have the right to be notified following a breach of unsecured PHI if your PHI is affected.
• Right to a Paper Copy of This Notice: You have the right to request a paper copy of this Notice at any time. Even if we have agreed to provide this Notice electronically, you are still entitled to a paper copy. You may obtain a copy of this Notice from our website at rxipm.com/privacy.
• Right to File a Complaint: If you believe we have violated your privacy rights, you may file a written complaint to Integrated Prescription Management at the address listed below.
Written complaints, written revocation of authorization to use or disclose PHI, written requests for a copy of your PHI, amendment to your PHI, an accounting of disclosures, restrictions on your PHI or confidential communications may be mailed to:
Integrated Prescription Management
Attn: Privacy Officer
7815 N Palm, Suite 400
Fresno, CA 93711
Please include your name, address, and patient ID number.
We reserve the right to revise this Notice. A revised Notice will be effective for PHI we already have about you, as well as any PHI we may receive in the future. We will communicate revisions to this Notice through our website, rxipm.com/privacy.